Endure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vashj EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melee dps - Fury warrior

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
avanox

Melee dps - Fury warrior Empty
PostSubject: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:10 am

Real life information

Name: Frode S. Mæhre

Occupation: Student at University, Bachelor in Electrical Engineering

Which days and hours of the week can you raid: Uncertain, ATM i got irregular work days which is paying my bills to survive, i can assure you that i will however be able to play at least 3-4 times a week and if i attend to less in a week i hope it will not inconvenience you more than to switch me with someone else.

Any special commitments: I have played in many guilds, many hours and days and i hope that even tho i can get angry sometimes and emotional at worst i believe with regulation and a firm officer i will be put in order so i don't make the foolish decision of making a mess.

Write a bit about yourself (atleast a sentence): I am at the moment attending school every day except Friday, and the weekend. I got some short days and some long, which is no problem to the raiding hours, that i can reach in good time, unless i got work listed.

In game information

Name: Avanox

Level: 80

Class: Warrior

Talent spec: Talents as u can see in link, i am specialized within the frame of fury specialization and is doing so with 2 x two handed weapons. Something to note is that i have not selected Precision to max and it only gives me 1% hit instead of 3%, which is due to the fact that i got more than enough hit past the yellow hit cap for warrior melee which is at 296 hit rating to remove the 9% miss rate. I got 299 hit rating plus 1%. I have not chosen Commanding Presence since i find it useless with a paladin giving anyone "BoMight" and the boost that it gives for tanks in mind of HP shout i can see no use for it at the present raiding instances difficulty. If a tank needs hp, it can easily get the gear to sufficiently supply the amount the individual require. As you can also see in the talents i have chosen points in areas most fury warriors don't chose because it rarely benefit anything, but to me, i am a PVE fury warrior so i chose what i feel is best. Some might ask why the improved rend, which in beginning of a fight can easily be put on to add to rage regen, imp charge for faster trash rage gain, and i also charge bosses and de-click them to avoid agro at start before tank but to gain the extra rage which totals up to 25 rage, which is better than stun resist and parry rating, unless new content proves otherwise.
If there are questions about my specialization please feel free to ask, and suggestions are always welcome.

Armory link: Avanox

What role do you see yourself fitting in a raid: My role will purely be as a damaging dealing fury warrior and perhaps a little chief on the side if people are not fed up with that pig on a platter, he he.

Rate yourself at your class (1-10) and explain why: 9/10 since i can never be 10 since it assumes that i am best at this, when i have played it less than a paladin and hunter. But that doesn't necessarily mean that i don't know my class. I use a lot of time on be.imba.hu and on elitistjerks.com forum reading up on my class, and especially on dps calculations so don't be fooled by rumors of cockyness.

when it comes to 1-10 in class to class comparison i would say i am at 7 i presume, hunters have mostly the benefit of dealing good damage only to rely on skills to pull it off. Rogues got the chance now to even deal more damage when it comes to thrash removal with their fan of knives, which i am able to at some level to compete with my specialization in cleave. And when it comes to mages and dk, warlocks etc, the better the gear, the better the skills, the harder it gets for a warrior to compete. But i guess that is why blizzard is trying their best to level out the differences. They are even planing to give rogues a buff to give everyone, at least that is what i have read.

What is your class' strong points: well, to be honest i can deal heavy dps in short bursts, while other class can not in many locations. I feel that when it comes to 2 mobs packs where i can cleave for example gives me the benefit to deal the maximum amount of damage over the set amount of targets, if rage regeneration is constantly flowing. My class also got the versatility to also be able to tank mobs briefly due to some armor values higher than other class but this is not worth mentioning(shield + shield wall). Most of the fury warriors attacks comes from rage, and if rage is not flowing or building up u might say in the way that gives u the ability to be bloodthirsting the target and whirlwinding it constantly in a rotation filled with heroic strikes 2-3 times and perhaps a pummel if bloodsurge is triggered by crits, which nowadays are more often than one would believe.

Are you able to bring consumables (Food, Flasks, Potions, Oil) to raids: I usually bring with me a flask of endless rage (180 ap) and Spiced wyrm burger (40crit) to raids, with the ability to serve Great Feast to the people in need of food buff. I also got health pots ready for unfortunate situations which really requires some kind of element of survival. But for most fights a rage pot is more used than a health potion.

Are you willing to respec and do you have the appropriate gear for it: I got full tanking gear and with the necessary defensive cap at 540 rating. But i will at 90% times not be willing to respec and will most urgently recommend that you seek another player/character to tank due to the fact that i have tanked as a paladin earlier in BC where Hyjal aoe tanking and BT aggro fighting filled the day, which i am certainly not eager to repeat in WotLK.

Any reference from anyone within Endure: I only know that you guys are reliable and perhaps the only guys i would join at this point since Blikker told me to. I played with blikker and bibber for 1 year in BC and i can trust them with almost anything WoW related. They are excellent players, and therefore i do the assumption that you guys are to. And in time i get to learn more about this.

What can you bring to Endure: (use some time on this answer) What can anyone bring to a game we all enjoy to play, although many of us do tend to speak of it as fun and some of us in the term of work which results in pleasure. What i can bring endure is my personality as a warrior that fights to keep his dps high even tho the restrictions put on me made by the gear i possess. I can bring some jokes that might seem cocky and rude to Project Eden but all friendly in my heart, and if that is not wanted i can of course shut my mouth during raids.

Professions, and are you willing to respec them: Currently i got Blacksmithing and Enchanting, not the best combination but certainly not the worst, it gives me extra sockets for both gloves and wrist, and i can also make belt buckle for guild if needed. Enchanting gives me the additional enchantments to the rings i have which increases them each with 32 ap. But as i said, this is not the best option of setup when it comes to professions, which is clearly jewelcrafting and blacksmithing. The sockets and the sick increase of str on the gems from jewelcrafting makes it the best way to combine and execute a good gear build.

Current/previous guilds: I am currently back in Nidvardir where me and my brothers are chosing paths to go, since we were all evicted from Project Eden where i elegantly had picked the position of being an cocky blabbering monkey, which was not my intent. They totally miscalculated me and my brothers intent and especially humor where most of my jokes where in their ears turned into harsh and brutal criticism. The problem with PE is that they didn't even tell us or do anything to correct our behavior. Sorry for making this seem all their fault when i am most to blame for the character i posed. I like to say that a trial goes both ways, mine to show potential and their to show leadership and the characteristics that follow (Honest, Competent , Visionary, Inspiring, Intelligent, Fair-minded, and so forth).

Why did you leave it/them: Why i am willing to leave Nidvardir is not an easy one when most of the fellas there are my friends and family but i believe that they will in most probability follow my path into Endure, perhaps not as raider or even core raider, but as people that can assist if needed and perhaps be promoted. This is all "if's" and i will not discuss it now. I don't see myself as a traitor but as a person put in a position where i have to chose, either fall out or go with the flow, and currently the only flow i can follow is the people i feel are good. I apologize if that sentence seemed cocky.

How would you rate your English writing and speaking skills: Not superb but mediocre, i can read and write easily and understand it even if people come from different nations where they don't speak it in the "British" or "American" way. I don't judge people by their skills to talk but by their ability to play. Miss communication is most to blame when it comes to conflict.

Raid experience Pre-BC and Pre-Wrath: I have played this game since the korean betas. There is nothing i don't know. I remember getting valor in UBRS, killing gehennas, shazzrash, Ragnaros in molten core every week for over 1 year on both my hunter, warrior and paladin. Nuking on Vael, killing Nefarion, doing 2 wings in naxx before TBC coming like a storm sweeping us away from naxx tries. I have done almost everything in TBC except sun well which was due to lack of good guild on the server i chose with Nidvardir. I tanked and healed mostly on paladin in kara, gruul, SSC, TK, Hyjal and BT. There is no fight i don't know unless it is new content and i am currently reading up on it hehe but u catch my drift. Most new fights are in small difference from old ones and so i have no problem in adapting to them.

Link a picture of your UI: (Upload it at www.hdimage.org) I am so horribly ugly that i cannot possible be asked to give you guys a picture. hehe. perhaps when i get the time.

Anything else you want to add to your application: I hope that u guys don't blow me away on a whim like Project Eden, other than that i would like to thank you for reading this even tho i didnt use much time in the application as i would have liked.
Back to top Go down
avanox

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:17 am

reedited some parts that was answered wrong. done now i believe.
Back to top Go down
Ocha
Admin
Ocha

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:30 am

Great, great, great, great application!

Oh, and don't worry about anything that comes out of Project Eden, I'm not a fan of them at-all. Endure's a guild that doesn't like to take things easy, we'll rather go through the hassle and come out of it with our head raised and with a good feeling that we can complete it in a better way than other guilds. We are very competative, both on DMG meters and guild-wise. So if this is what you are looking for in a guild, then you'll fit right in here!

In Endure, we take care of our members and look out for them, always willing to give people chances, we've got some -great- personalities in here and it seemed as of out of your application that you would fit RIGHT in. We just recently kicked one of the Trial Warriors we had, so hopefully (If I can squeeze you in) it will go smoother with you.

Oh and arrogance, you haven't seen arrogance till you talk to Elakekent (I love you really Kent).

All in all, loved your application (I don't normally read long apps but this was well worth the read)

I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can Smile

<3 Officer Ocha.
Back to top Go down
https://endure.forumotion.com
Bull

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 am

2 Things:

1. Holy motherfucking shit that's some big application you got there.
2. I like competition ^^
3. Good luck! 2 Other fury warriors on trial as well, may the best become a member Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mandatory

Mandatory

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 am

Really nice application, you really put some effort into it thanks for that.

And to Bull, afaik we have only 1 fury war atm Wink
Back to top Go down
Blik

PostSubject: avanox   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Its true about ela as Ocha says. Its just a shield to protect his boyisch soft inside.

blik(ker)
Back to top Go down
Bibber

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Hahahahah Elakekent!
Good luck Avanox, i am sure you will fit in this bunch of Cool
Back to top Go down
avanox

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 1:47 pm

thanks blik'n bibber <3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Bull

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 pm

So yah manda, I heard..

I must say ava, it's the first time I see someone share my spec (mostly).. I just don't understand why you put points into weapon mastery if your un-talented expertise is already 8.25% Suspect

other then that your gear is awesome man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
avanox

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Bull wrote:
So yah manda, I heard..

I must say ava, it's the first time I see someone share my spec (mostly).. I just don't understand why you put points into weapon mastery if your un-talented expertise is already 8.25% Suspect

other then that your gear is awesome man! Very Happy

i can change that ofc, but when i will get a better 2hand item soon, i dont see the point of having to respecc back. Even tho you are completely right.
Back to top Go down
Bull

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Don't get me wrong btw, I was not trying to criticize you.. just questioning Very Happy you seem assum! btw how are you so sure to get a new 2hander soon ( just curious )
Back to top Go down
avanox

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Bull wrote:
Don't get me wrong btw, I was not trying to criticize you.. just questioning Very Happy you seem assum! btw how are you so sure to get a new 2hander soon ( just curious )
i just am hehe.
Back to top Go down
Yuko

Yuko

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 am

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melee dps - Fury warrior   Melee dps - Fury warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee dps - Fury warrior
Page 1 of 1