Endure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vashj EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior

Go down 
+3
Flurre
eNeo
Skjalg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skjalg

Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 am

Prelude
Before you skip this huge wall of text to tell me you already got 4 protection warriors and really dont need a new one, then rest assured that I will gladly just hang and not raid if that is what you want. I'll never ask for an invite to raid or bother the officers with anything. Unless you ask something, then I might write some paragraphs in a whisper sharing my thoughts and musings on the topic;) I am the brother of Avanox and Jedilion, a friend to all of the old nidvardirians as I was their old guild leader through the good times on the shitty burning blade server and through the bad times here on Vashj. If you got any questions about how to not run a guild then come to me and I'll gladly share my war stories and mistakes with you Smile

Name:
Skjalg S. Mæhre

Software Developer in Java/C#

Which days and hours of the week can you raid:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...
Did i forget any?

Any special commitments:
I got work, gotta get up at 8, which means I gotta get to bed before 2am.

About me:
I'm a trustworthy and funny individual that likes to keep morale high by doing funny stuff at all times. I tend to take WoW abit to seriously tho, so I will get sweaty palms and nervous shakes if I ever fuck up. (I rarely do, and if I do I'll blame some healer Razz:P)

Name:
Ravnsvart

Level:

Class:
Warrior

Talent spec:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Vashj&n=Ravnsvart
Protection (prot 51, 5 fury, 15 arms.. I got imp spell reflect for malygos, gonna alter it slightly for ulduar)

Armory link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Ravnsvart

Be Imba.hu score:
http://be.imba.hu is a pve scoring system for your gear. My gear scored a total of 492.88, in comparison Kungen of Ensidia scores 523.22. It seems to be a little buggy now so I cant get a current snapshot tho...

What role do you see yourself fitting in a raid:
I've always been a main tank, some say I'm good, some say I move too much, some say I suck. I personally am an expert at listening to criticism, so feel free to share what you think of me if you ever got me tanking for you.

Rate yourself at your class (1-10) and explain why:
Right now I'm a 6. I feel I know everything there is about beeing a protection warrior but I'm strongly lacking in the arms and fury department.

What is your class' strong points:
I can only tell you of my experiences as a protection warrior, if you are interested in the damage side of things then ask Avanox since he the best warrior dps I know of. Prot warriors are the most versatile tanks at the moment. While DK's are perhaps the strongest right now with the latest unfair patch changes, Paladin beeing great at doing stuff to undead packs and general AOE and Druids overall great at soaking damage, then I feel that on fights where moving and positioning the boss is a big challenge the warrior excel. The protection warrior is also best at keeping his teammates alive and also beeing strongest on threat generation through vigiliance can also boost the raids dps by many percentages! (it also helps that I am a spammer of keys).

Are you able to bring consumables (Food, Flasks, Potions, Oil) to raids:
Some people frown upon purchasing gold, but I frown upon people that never use flask. So yes, I always purchase gold to afford it.

Are you willing to respec and do you have the appropriate gear for it:
Ofcourse, but even tho my fury gear is okayish, then it is mostly unenchanted...

Any reference from anyone within Endure:
You can check with any of the newcomers that are from the Nidvardir guild, and Im sure they can attest to my weirdness Wink and skill. But most importantly I believe they can attest to my strong devotion and trust in my friends.

What can you bring to Endure: (use some time on this answer)
I can bring a player that is friendly, that logs on and does his job promptly without any whine (that you will hear of, hah!) and that will always be there if you ask it of him. I can also lead raids if you wish that of me and I will be worthy of your trust if you ever decide to bestow it upon me. I will bring passion and endurance, I will bring patience and temperence and beer.

Professions, and are you willing to respec them:
I have leveled up enchanting for the ring enchants and jewelcrafting because there are no decent trinkets for protection warriors so I had to get something decent from a profession. I will respec a profession if it ever becomes necessary, hell I'll even be the first one in the guild to do so if I feel it will add just a tiny percentage to effectiveness of the raid.

Current/previous guilds:
Nidvardir has been my heart and home since I came back to wow in TBC. I was shortly in Project Eden after things went south in Nidvardir, but got kicked out because their guild leader took himself too seriously. I can't blame him tho, since I know what he is going through and most, if not all the blame is on me.

Why did you leave it/them:
I'm pretty sure you all know the story by now, "The Downfall of Nidvardir", but I guess I can put some time into writing about my views of what happened with Nidvardir if you are interested, but since I doubt you are then I'll just go ahead and save myself those hours Wink

How would you rate your English writing and speaking skills:
Its alright, but it has deteriorated over time. (I blame the internetses).

Raid experience Pre-BC and Pre-Wrath:
I was in the closed european beta before wow was released here in europe. I was a little secretive alliance rogue, stealing coppers from defias and wreaking havoc in wesfall! After I failed hard at some elite quest I rerolled paladin and leveled him up to the fifties, thats when the closed beta closed and we had to wait for the real thing to arrive. When wow finally came I was slow to get it because I noticed how much time it took, but as we all know you cant stay away from "the good life" for too long, so I bought a friends copy (it was sold out everywhere) and leveled up my imba priest. I healed with this bald human priest in a hardcore guild called remorseless on burning blade. We got first kills on onyxia, half of MC and half of BWL before the guild eventually disbanded when the guild leader tried to merge us with the second best guild on the server to create one massively super guild. But as with all merges, they go south when people rely too much on their first impression.

After that I quit wow, only to return again when ZG came in a patch... I found that I had lost the edge and the willpower to stay ahead of everyone so I ended up quitting again after a couple of months. I never saw the insides of AQ or Naxx...
A friend of mine at school persuaded me to join the dark side and level up a horde. I chose a warlock, since that class was hard to master. I leveled up to 70, but after my first karazhan raid I got bored of dpsing and quit playing that character only to level up a mage... After a while a friend of my old alliance guild persuaded me to come back to alliance with him and level up new characters. Thats when I leveled up Skjalg the draenei warrior on burning blade and eventually founded Nidvardir. I got my guild through Karazhan, Gruul, SSC, MH, some of TK and everything in BT save for illidan (sounds familiar?). I main tanked through everything here, and loved every minute of it.

Link a picture of your UI:
I'm a UI lover, but right now my UI looks like someone took a dump on it because of the bugs in Pitbull after wotlk. Also Chinchilla just started acting up Sad I'm using the curse automatic installer to keep all my mods up to date at any given time. I use still use omen to give out my vigilance to whoever needs it the most as well as using recount to get a good view of who is doing what. I also use ora2, which is great for leading raids.

Anything else you want to add to your application:
Since I am trying to cut back on wow I have decided that I will probably fit best as a social invite in your guild that can be called upon if you ever find yourself in dire straits when it comes to tanks Smile Rest assured that I will always be ontime for raids if you let me know in advance that you need me (if the other tanks ever get tired of the same old instance grind etc). I'll be happy as long as you throw me a bone here and there.

I can bet my nuts you've all experienced the drag of having no tanks online when raid is about to start. One quick whisper later and I'll be ready, evne if that whisper takes you 6 months! All I really want is to stick with my family and friends...

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 am

ah, seems I forgot to add the personal bit... OP edited...
Back to top Go down
eNeo

eNeo

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:05 pm

One of the best tanks I've had the pleasure to raid alongside with. Also a very good friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nylands.org/eneo
Bibber

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

'(I rarely do, and if I do I'll blame some healer
)'

!! Evil or Very Mad !!
Hahaha!

I hope Elakekent has a social spot for you,
I cant even think how you would survive without some of the Nidvardirians around you. Razz

I wish you all the best! <3
Back to top Go down
Flurre

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Incredible tank and a nice guy. Would love to have him as a social.
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the warm words Smile
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:42 am

Hi.

Just wondering what is happening with the application.. ?
Back to top Go down
imnotholy

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:45 am

Dunno, slacking officers i guess. Got kent as gm after all....
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah, can't really complain... I did the same thing on occations Wink
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:12 am

Well, now I'm really am starting to wonder:P

Dont keep me hangin? ^^
Back to top Go down
Kent

Kent

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 am

Sry for the late reply.

The discussion about u got ended a long time ago and sadly we cant take in another prot warrior seeing how we already have 3 active ones atm, dont know why this info never made it into this post until this time and im sry for keeping u hanging.

//Kent
Back to top Go down
Bibbers

Bibbers

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I dont think he wants to raid, he just wants to be in as social to be around his friends.
So, that would be no problem for the other active tanks, I assume...
Back to top Go down
Seithir

Seithir

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Having him in as a social would do no harm
Back to top Go down
Skjalg

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Social invite would be great....

So which is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior   Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravnsvart - Protection Warrior
Page 1 of 1